Monday, August 18, 2014

3-2-1 Resolutions





Sunday 3-2-1 Summary (on Monday)

I find as a teacher there are two New Year's Days, January 1st and the first day of school. So I find the beginning of the school year just as natural a time to make resolutions as the beginning of the calendar year. In some ways these resolution have a chance of being more successful as I'm relatively fresh coming off of summer and in the process of establishing the new routine of the school year.


3 ways I want to be better to myself

  1.  Go to sleep at a reasonable time.  
  2.  Eat better while not depriving myself of small treats
  3.  Exercise more
During the school year I find that I often put myself on the back burner. I'd like to prioritize myself and my health toward the top of this year's list.


2 ways I'd like to be better at my job

  1. Continue participating in #eduread, book chats, #spedmath chats
  2. Blog
I start the year off well, but then school and life takes over and I drop off the digital world.  I am a better teacher when I'm engaging in great conversations and when I am engaged in self reflection.

1 way to make my home a better space
  1. Spend at least 15 minutes each day decluttering/cleaning
By June, my house often looks like a tornado has whipped through it. I try each year to start with a blank slate and a clean home, but I never really recovered this year.  I find visual clutter overwhelming and right now I am overwhelmed in many rooms in my house.  I'd like to make a small effort each day to make my home a more pleasant place to spend time.


I hope I am successful. The next step is to put structures and parameters into place to make these goals possible.

Do you have any New School Year Resolutions?



No comments:

Post a Comment